10/12/11

Judiciary Square: The Watching Lion



























View on Flickr: Here
I found myself looking for a new place to take a walk, attempting to enjoy the last few warm days of 2011. I made the decision to check out Judiciary Square. I had ridden past the metro stop countless times, but never had any business to stop. This day was no different in the fact that I had no business to visit Judiciary Square, but I decided to take a detour in making my way to DURKL for DTMD's album release party. While I was scouting out Judiciary Square I found this magnificent lion sculpture; which is part of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial. I found the accompanying quote equally captivating: "The wicked flee when no man pursueth, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." (Proverbs 28:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment