11/23/11

Zucchini Bread and BBQ

Well I left DC for the first time in about three months, coming back out to the county to spend time with my family for the holiday. While being away from college, I dedicated some time to get back into the kitchen, an experience that I have not had the opportunity to partake in while pursuing my education. I started out by making two of my favorite items: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and Zucchini Bread; which I ate at separate times of course. In the evening I decided to check out a BBQ joint I always drove past, but never took the time to check out called Black Hog, which meet my expectatins. Thanksgiving has offered me a time to reflect over my past few months in DC, but it has also showed me the beauty of the laid back life of the county; which I had taken for granted previously. While DC is the right place right now for my personal progression at this point in my life, the county does have its special charm. Enough with my self reflections though, let's have some pictures of the food!


One of my favorite baked goods to produce. I learned the recepee my freshman year of high school, and have been baking Zucchini Bread habitually since.


My meal I enjoyed this evening at the Black Hog. Beef Brisket smothered in the specialty sauce, potato salad, cole slaw, and fresh sweet tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment