12/3/11

Occupy Jail



Visiting Occupy DC is always an interesting experience. I personally credit all of the occupants with forming a small scale version of America; the diversity and culture of those who stand up to the wrath of the weather to bring their problems to the government are inspiring. Today, during my time at McPherson Square, I had the pleasure of playing a game of chess with one of the occupants, but just as we ended news of one of the occupants being arrested was announced. As far as I could grasp no one knew why the arrest was taking place and the police refused to inform any of the other occupants. The occupants told me that this is one of the key problems they have with police; arrest without justification. At this point all that can be hoped for is that our countries legal system will do its job, and justice will be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment